Monday, July 16, 2012

chia delight

This is my go-to breakfast; especially on a Monday morning.

No one likes to end a beautiful weekend to go back to work.


So, when I know that I won't have much time in the morning (on account of the snooze button), this is my go-to healthy breakfast.

The night before I put together the following ingredients so it's ready to go as I dash out the door.


I love the way it sets and becomes almost pudding-like.

Chia seeds can soak up to 10 times the amount of its body weight (which can be great for hydration during exercise).

After eating, the nutrients travel to the cells very quickly due to the ease in digestion and assimilation.  Use them when you want to build or regenerate healthy body tissue.


High in fibre, omega 3's and protein, this Aztec super food keeps me going all morning.


My ch-ch-ch-chia breakfasts vary each morning - as to the different fruits, nut butters and kefir water/milk available to me.

This recipe outlines my most basic of recipes and is the foundation of my chia delights.


Ingredients

(makes 1)

1 1/2 tblsp black chia seeds
1 c coconut kefir milk (or any liquid/milk of choosing)
fruit, seeds and nut butters

Combine chia seeds and coconut kefir together, whisk well.
Set aside for at least 10 minutes, or place in refrigerator overnight until set.
Top with desired fruit, nuts/seeds and enjoy.



Good morning sleepy heads! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment